For 27 years, I worked in the NHS as a qualiﬁed nurse and manager, enjoying both clinical and managerial environments. Then, in my late forties, I hit the menopause – or rather the menopause hit me.
It was at this point in my life where I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. I left nursing and successfully completed an MSc in business management, but soon realised that this new avenue did not ﬁll me with passion because I still had a desire to help and support people.
I volunteered at a charity called Happy City, where I attended a training course called ‘Wellbeing Champions Training’. This course had a massive impact on me and was the turning point I’d been looking for. I then completed an accredited course in Wellbeing Life Coaching and became an Accredited Foundation Coach with Association for Coaching. I now have my own business coaching women over 40.
I haven’t looked back since. Wellbeing Life Coaching changed my life – I’m more resilient, healthier and happier because I have a clear sense of self and what I want from life – and I can support and guide you on your own journey to a healthier and happier life.
Qualifications and training
- Qualified nurse for over 27 years
- Introduction to counselling skills
- PGC in Managing Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- MSc in Business Management
- Wellbeing Champion Training
- Accredited Wellbeing Life Coach Training
- Accredited Foundation Coach with Association for Coaching