My journey to a healthier and happier life.
For 27 years, I worked in the NHS as a qualiﬁed nurse, enjoying both clinical and managerial environments. Then, in my late forties, I hit the menopause – or rather the menopause hit me. I experienced debilitating symptoms which had a negative impact on my overall sense of wellbeing.
My journey to a healthier and happier life started here. I was at a point in my life where I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. I felt stuck in a rut and completely lost. I retired from nursing and completed an MSc in Business Management, but soon realised this new avenue did not ﬁll me with passion because I still had a desire to help and support people.
I volunteered at a charity called Happy City, where I attended a training course called ‘Wellbeing Champions Training’. This training had a massive impact on me and was the turning point I’d been looking for. This led me to train as a Wellbeing Life Coach and I am now an Accredited Foundation Coach with Association for Coaching.
Qualifications and training
- Qualified nurse for over 27 years
- Accredited Foundation Coach
- Wellbeing Life Coach Training
- CBT Life Coaching Certificate
- CBT Practitioner Certificate
- Positive Psychology Training
- Five Ways To Wellbeing Training
- MSc in Business Management
- PGC in Managing Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Member of Association For Coaching
- Affiliate member of the British Menopause Society
You can read more about my menopause journey and how I went from mayhem to magnificence in The Bounce Back Journey Of Women’s Health now available on Amazon. It is an inspiring collection of 26 personal stories including my own.
All proceeds from the book go to Discover your bounce social passion project, which provides free mental health education to the construction sector. So far they have delivered Mental Health Awareness ‘Toolkits’ to over 100 construction workers.
Podcast with Maria Newman from Mummy On A Break – An interview with Jules Hellens-Embracing the lifecycle of the menopause to live more freely