My journey to a healthier and happier life.
For 27 years, I worked in the NHS as a qualiﬁed nurse, enjoying both clinical and managerial environments. Then, in my late forties, I hit the menopause – or rather the menopause hit me. I experienced debilitating symptoms which had a negative impact on my overall sense of wellbeing.
My journey to a healthier and happier life started here. I was at a point in my life where I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. I felt stuck in a rut and completely lost. I retired from nursing and completed an MSc in Business Management, but soon realised this new avenue did not ﬁll me with passion because I still had a desire to help and support people.
I volunteered at a charity called Happy City, where I attended a training course called ‘Wellbeing Champions Training’. This training had a massive impact on me and was the turning point I’d been looking for. This led me to train as a Wellbeing Life Coach and I am now an Accredited Foundation Coach with Association for Coaching.
I am also a member of the British Menopause Society. This means I have access to all the latest studies in relation to the menopause around the world.
Qualifications and training
- Qualified nurse for over 27 years
- Accredited Foundation Coach
- Wellbeing Life Coach Training
- CBT Life Coaching Certificate
- CBT Practitioner Certificate
- Positive Psychology Training
- Five Ways To Wellbeing Training
- MSc in Business Management
- PGC in Managing Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Member of Association For Coaching
- Member of the British Menopause Society