My journey to a healthier, happier life.
For 27 years, I worked in the NHS as a qualiﬁed nurse and manager, enjoying both clinical and managerial environments. Then, in my late forties, I hit the menopause – or rather the menopause hit me. I experienced debilitating symptoms which had a negative impact on my overall sense of wellbeing.
My journey to a healthier and happier life started here. I was at a point in my life where I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. I felt stuck in a rut and completely lost. I retired from nursing and completed an MSc in Business Management, but soon realised this new avenue did not ﬁll me with passion because I still had a desire to help and support people.
I volunteered at a charity called Happy City, where I attended a training course called ‘Wellbeing Champions Training’. This training had a massive impact on me and was the turning point I’d been looking for. This led me to train as a Wellbeing Life Coach and I am now an Accredited Foundation Coach with Association for Coaching.
Qualifications and training
- Qualified nurse for over 27 years
- Introduction to counselling skills
- PGC in Managing Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- MSc in Business Management
- Wellbeing Champion Training
- Accredited Wellbeing Life Coach Training
- Positive Psychology Training
- Accredited Foundation Coach with and member of Association for Coaching
- Specialism in menopause support
- In the process of completing an online certificate in CBT